One Thousand Gifts

November 22, 2010

holy experience

Here's Ann's story     http://www.aholyexperience.com/2003/06/gratitude-community/

Thanksgiving week seems like an incredibly appropriate time to begin my own 1000 Gifts list.


1.  The gift of salvation from a gracious and merciful Saviour

2.  My very own family -- Jamie, Parker, Molly, and Lilah

3.  Parents who love and are dedicated to their very own family -- Mom, Dad, Anna, and me

4.  A godly heritage -- Gram, Grandpa

This seems like a good place to start.  Of course, these are the obvious gifts that cross most people's minds, but I don't pause often enough to really think about how these blessings are gifts from God.

It's quiet here in my house right now.  Jamie is at work; Parker is still asleep; the little girls are at my parents' house until this afternoon.  I love being able to ease into the day.

5.  A rare night with my husband & my big girl (She's so involved in activities & friends that I can't tell you the last time she had her parents all to herself.)

6.  Parents (MOM) who enjoy taking my kiddos for a night or two here and there.

7.  Only grownups sleeping in our bed (Lilah wasn't here to crawl in during the night) and the good rest that brings

Here's to Monday of what promises to be a wonderful week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images