Lately...

December 12, 2010

I haven't had a chance to blog in a week.  The weeks before the end of the semester are one of the two or three busiest times of year for me.  Not only are my students wrapping up assignments, but my own children have activities almost daily.  It's fast and furious!  Thank goodness there's a two week respite coming up.


I made spiced tea mix last night to warm me up.  I'm not a coffee drinker and this is really the only hot beverage I ever drink.  I love it!  My mom and my gram made it every December and I will just never be able to have Christmas without it.  In case anyone is interested, here's the recipe for the mix.  This makes a great gift, too -- just put it in a pretty jar or container with some ribbon and a cute tag...  If I can get it together, this is what Molly's teachers are getting this year.


7 oz Tang
1 cup instant tea
6 oz. sweetened lemonade
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinammon

Just mix together in a blender if you want it real fine; if not, just mix or shake by hand. Yummy!
 
 
Last Monday I took a personal day to go with AIS's Honor Choir to the state capitol.  I had never been inside before, so it was a treat -- especially since our legislators know how to deck the halls.  The decorations were beautiful!




On the main floor, under the rotunda, there was a great display of I don't know how many trees.  They were simple; lights were the only decorations.  


This is so blurry, but the stairwells were just beautiful.  Our kiddos behaved so well!


We arrived almost an hour and a half before our schedule time to sing, so we were able to watch five other choirs.  It was really nice and, again, our kids were so well-mannered!


Finally, we took the "risers" and got our chance to perform.  The kids did a great job!

Here are some outside shots...  It was COLD!




I should really take more personal days to hang out with my girls as they go to their activities.  That's a New Year's resolution for me. 

This week I am absolutely going to send my camera back to the factory for the needed repairs!  My phone just isn't cutting it in terms of documenting our family's history : )

Can I also just add that I'm almost finished with Christmas shopping?  That's unheard of for me!  I've always enjoyed the hustle-n-bustle of last minute trips to the mall or wherever, but this year I'm loving Internet shopping and free shipping! 

I suppose I should reheat last night's leftover manicotti for lunch today.  PJB has a stomach bug, so we didn't go to church this morning.  I hate it -- we've only been one Sunday since Thanksgiving. 

Hope you're staying warm today and enjoying the final two weeks til Christmas! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images