Hot, Hot, Hot!

June 30, 2012

I'm typing right now from the comfort of my bed as my husband naps beside me and my baby girl is watching Good Luck, Charlie's finale episode for at least the 15th time.  I've just finished pinning about a hundred Fancy Nancy party ideas to Pinterest (and a few other things) and now I think I'll take just a second to update this here blog.

June ends today.  Wow.  We are experiencing crazy hot temps and unless you're near a body of water (preferably a cool one and not a lukewarm pool), there's not much point in being outside.  I'm enjoying the soft breeze of the ceiling fan and the air conditioner is currently blowing right on top of me.  Perfect.  This month has been busy and, for the most part, good.

My first term of grad school ended Friday, but I have one artifact left to complete by Thursday.  It's a booger and the professor didn't even give us a clue it was going to be assigned until she passed it out yesterday.  Yay!  It won't be too bad; I just need to make myself sit down and do it.  Overall, I'm very pleased with my program and I have learned a lot.  Our world is changing, people, and those of us in education have got to rethink schools.  It's an exciting time to be a teacher!

We took a quick vacation last week to Branson.  The last time we were there, Parker was going into kindergarten and Molly was two.  Well, as with most things Battles, we had our moments.  Jamie ended up in the ER the first night with 27 stitches in his leg.  I will not recount the event(s) that led to this because, quite frankly, I'd like to forget it altogether.  Let me just say that I don't know why I thought 100 degree weather + long lines + my husband would equal any type of pleasant experience.  Never again.  No theme parks for us -- at least during the summer.  It wasn't just him, though.  The girls didn't particularly enjoy Silver Dollar City, either.  Lilah just kept asking to go to the condo and poor Molly was barely hanging on she was so tired of walking. White Water was a different story, but only the girls and I were able to go as it was post stitches.  All was not lost, though.  We did have some fun and some good food.  We stayed at the same resort we had when we went 10 years ago and it's perfect.  The grounds are beautiful and perfectly manicured.  The condo itself has just enough room for us and a washer and dryer which is essential for me.  I love coming home with the laundry pretty much caught up.  I'll just share a few pictures even though I hardly took any at all...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo


It had been a really long time since we'd driven up the Pig Trail.  It's so pretty.  We must remember to make time to do that this fall. 

Next week is our only down week for awhile.  I have no idea what the 4th is going to be like this year since everything is so dry.  Fireworks seem to be out of the question.  Maybe we'll go to Fort Smith's display?  Jamie will probably have to work that day, so it's really not a big deal for us.

One week from Monday, Molly will check in to Children's for her MACE surgery.  The bowel prep will take two days, so her surgery will be on Wednesday.  I'm getting a little anxious about it and hoping this is the right decision.  Her summer, at least as far as swimming goes, is over once she checks in.  Next week we have got to get in as much water time as possible!  We would appreciate your prayers for a safe procedure, a quick recovery, and smooth sailing for the rest of the family during the time we're split between Alma and Little Rock. 

I can't think of anything else that's particularly newsworthy around here!  I hope you're enjoying these dog days of summer as best you can.  Stay hydrated, people!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images