Flying By the Seat of My Pants

September 30, 2010

I'm not one to complain much.  Ha!  Really, I try to just hold it in unless you happen to be one of the trusted ones to whom I can vent.  (Lucky you, huh?!?)  But, I'm complaining tonight.  I am tired.  I have a very messy house.  My laundry is piled UP.  There are not very many groceries in the kitchen.  My hair is very close to being ruled a natural disaster.  This stinkin' budget is restricting me!  But, I don't complain, so pretend I didn't just write all that.

I've come to the conclusion that a large part of this feeling of  being overwhelmed or just barely getting by has a lot to do with Jamie working 2nd shift right now.  Maybe I took for granted all he really did help with around here in the evenings.  And, I miss him.  We see each other in the morning for a goodbye kiss.  Every now and then I wake up when I hear him poking around in the kitchen after he gets home, but I've been sleeping right through all that lately.  I'll manage, though.  I remember what it was like he was unemployed this time last year and I'll take a weird schedule over that.  I'm ready for some downtime for all of us.

Well, I hate to be a downer!  Happier news on the Battles-front includes the much anticipated nuptials of Anna and Rawlon next Saturday.  I'm a nervous wreck about it all, actually, but I do have a very pretty dress.  We all have very pretty dresses : )  Anna has planned a beautiful wedding and I'm so ready for the two of them to begin their life together. 

I also have a sweet friend who is getting ready to deliver a sweet baby (by Halloween I'm betting).  That will be about right for me to get my next baby fix.  Last Saturday I got to meet baby Allie at Anna's personal shower and I just fell in love.  You may remember back in August I posted about a friend of Anna's from my hometown  who was expecting a baby with Spina Bifida.  Allie is stunningly beautiful and she is doing well.  They're taking it one appointment at a time which is pretty much how I remember a lot of Molly's first year being.  God is so good!

I'm looking to my right and seeing my bed and I really think it's reaching out to me.  It's been hard to go to bed without Jamie here.  I refuse to be one of those sappy, silly women...but I really like him here with me when I go to sleep.  Tylenol PM is going on the WalMart list again. 

Tomorrow is Friday!  I am ready, ready, ready for this weekend.  There's not a single plan on the agenda.  Sleeping in and getting my house together sound like great ideas.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have never seen your hair anywhere near a natural disaster. And we'll see about the Halloween thing... That would put me at 38 weeks, but my mother would love to have a birthday to celebrate in a month other than October. We have four this month already!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images