100 Posts

December 31, 2010

I guess I'll end 2010 with my 100th post.  This morning I've woken up to tornado sirens and 65 degree weather which, even considering this is Arkansas, is somewhat out of the ordinary.  Molly has slept right through it so far and I am beyond grateful because she is my anxiety prone child and storms are one of those triggers.  My bedroom is dark again after having had a weird, yellowish glow about 45 minutes ago.  The scene from my window when I logged on to Facebook this morning was this:

Pardon the poor quality, but you get the idea.  That cloud looked like it was going to just go right through the tops of the trees.  Then, we had more sirens.  Then, the sky darkened.

These phone photos are lighter than the morning actually seems to be.  Now sky to ground lightening bolts have been added to the mix and it's really quite nice.  I should probably turn of the computer, but I know how much you must be appreciating this live storm coverage.

So, there you go.  Lilah is stirring now (she's in our bed).  I've gotten up to let the dog out.  Pretty soon someone is going to want something to eat and our day will begin. 

This is the last day of Christmas break and I'm so sad about that.  Not even a little part of me wants to go back to school Monday.  I told my mom yesterday at lunch that I was about ready to retire. 

Jamie and I are supposed to head out this afternoon to our first NBA game in OKC.  I think the weather is supposed to be much improved and I hope we have a great time.  We've decided to drive on home after the game rather than stay overnight.  This is going to be a long day and I really hope everyone has a designated driver because I do want to arrive home safely.

I should be reflective and think about how 2010 played out in my life.  Overall, I'd say it's been a good year.  It hasn't been a 2008 and for years to come I'll measure the quality of a year by that benchmark (a very low benchmark).  This is the first year in about three that hasn't included a layoff -- Jamie's worked all 12 months.  This year saw the girls and I getting involved in a new church that we are growing to love.  This year brought some serious health issues with it, but it has also given our family hope.  My sister married Rawlon this year and so we officially added two people to our family.  This year I got serious about a budget for the first time in my life and even though the month of December was sort of a wash, I'm excited about starting a new year with a new focus.

I hope that this last day of 2010 is relaxing for you.  I hope that 2011 brings with it lots of joy for all of us!  Happy New Year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images