1.1.11

January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!  I should take some time to reflect on 2010 and to maybe share some hopes and goals for 2011, but I'm having a hard time getting even a moment to myself today.  Any quality quiet time I might have had crept by while I was sleeping in until 9:30.  9:30!  Jamie and I made it home just before 1:00 this morning after traveling to OKC to watch the Atlanta Hawks and Joe Johnson take on the Thunder.  Originally we planned on staying over but canceled that option just because my man is a homebody (and maybe a little cheap).   Joe and the Hawks didn't fare so well, but I think we may be some new Thunder fans.  Kevin Durant was amazing to watch; the guy just doesn't miss anything he puts up.  This was our first professional sporting event to ever attend and it was so much fun.  I'll spare you all the details, but we both loved it and we can't wait to take the girls.  Lilah could have won us a $100 gift card to Applebee's...



Pre-game warm ups...


I refuse to believe I look like this all the time...  
One of my hopes for 2011 is that Jamie and I will be able to spend more time together doing fun things.  It's difficult to have couple time in the midst of children and jobs and other responsibilities, but I think it's critical.

Looking back, 2010 was a good year.  It was relatively stable and calm and that's something I don't take for granted.

Looking forward to 2011 I am hoping for more fun, both as a family and as a couple.  Several blogs I read have suggested naming your years.  That requires a little more thinking than I'm capable of at this moment.  Over the next month, though, I will spend time focusing on discerning what God wants this year to be for me.  


This moment has passed.  As I type I hear little girls screaming and Jamie yelling "Sign-Off!"  Molly is now hovering in the doorway which is the equivalent to reading over my shoulder (which I detest!).  So, Happy New Year!  I pray the 2011 is everything God wants it to be!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images