And, It's Over

December 25, 2010

Just like that.  I don't know if I can really put my finger on why, but I just feel another day has come and gone -- another busy day, granted, but just another day.  I hate that.  My big girls have remarked several times over the past few days that it just didn't feel like Christmas.  I tried to argue, but I think in the end they were right.  I'm sure it has to do with our heart attitudes not being in the right place.  I'm going to attribute some of it to missing two weeks in a row of church due to the stomach virus hitting two different kiddos on two different Saturday nights.  I'm going to blame some of it on the end of the semester being such a busy and hectic time that by the time we get a moment to breathe, many times THE moment has passed.  I'm going to say that some of it is related to having a spouse who could do without the holidays altogether.  I'm feeling a little melancholy tonight... 

Let me perk things up by sharing this incredibly funny true story.  You know my younger sister was married in October.  Her new mother in law is a sweet and precious soul who I have enjoyed getting to know.  Her new mother in law has made no secret of the fact that she is ready for another grandchild.  Well, guess what Anna's gift was at her in-laws' Christmas breakfast this morning?  A book of baby names!  No kidding!  I love that so much.  I can really respect a person who doesn't beat around the bush -- know what I mean?  Of course, we're all on her case now and I will tell you that I wouldn't mind a nephew at all.  (Or a niece, but we really think it would be nice if Anna has the boys since I have so many girls.)  I pray that when they are ready to give Maddy a new sibling it will be easy and healthy and perfect.

I'm going to bed now.  I am overtired.  I have made more food in the past 36 hours than I normally do in a two week period.  On that note, may I just toot my own horn and tell you that my brown sugar glazed ham was amazing; my roasted turkey was succulent and moist; my chocolate truffle cheesecake was to die for (say the cheesecake lovers -- yuck, not for me); and my caramel-chocolate-pecan pie was absolutely sinful.  My rolls, well, they tasted good.  It's terribly unfortunate that I forgot to grease the bottoms of the pans.  Molly told me she loved everything I made -- especially the homemade mac and cheese.  Any positive remark from her about food that isn't chocolate is huge!

I hope you all enjoyed a very Merry Christmas.  I did even though I'm not exactly sounding like it.  I was blessed to spend the day with the people I love most in the world; I was blessed to give good gifts to my children; and I am blessed in knowing that over 2000 years ago God sent his Son to be the savior of the world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images