Finally...

December 21, 2010

Lilah has a stocking!  It only took four years and three people working on it. 

Her little face lit up!  Mom and I felt sort of awful because Lilah was seriously speechless for a minute.  Poor third child : (

The little girls and I made sugar cookies last night.  PJB was too cool to participate.  Have I mentioned how much fun the middle school years are?  Nah, she's really a pretty great kiddo.


Through the mess and the re-rolling and re-cutting of messed up cookies, I kept reminding myself (in my head, of course) that we were making memories and all this flour would sweep right up.  Do you see the wooden rolling pin in the bottom right corner?  That was my great grandmother's rolling pin.  It's very old and it's the best rolling pin ever. 

I'm the only one up in the house right now and I love it.  I remember my mom saying to me when I was a kid that she liked the quiet before everyone woke up -- even in the summer when she could have slept in as late as we did.  I didn't understand it then, but I do now.  I've misappropriated my time, though.  The goal was to get into the Word first thing, but here I am.  I am so easily distracted!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images