If I Could... I Might...

February 19, 2011

1.  Homeschool.  I really would.  I love being at home and I think the girls and I could just have some great experiences.  Homeschooling moms' blogs are among my favorites to read.  It would be a toss-up between going the Classical or the Charlotte Mason route.  I'd probably do what lots of families seem to enjoy and that is mix up what I like about each and call myself an "eclectic" homeschooler.  At this point in my family's life, it would absolutely take God's divine intervention to ever make this happen.  I'm fine with what we're doing, but I would have loved to have given this a shot.  At one point, Jamie brought up homeschooling Molly.  This was pre-kindergarten and I believed that she would need the social experience of attending public school.  I'm not so sure that was the best plan; now I really think she especially could have thrived in a less rigid, more intimate approach to education.  Oh, well!


2.  Buy an RV and pack us all up for a trip around the country.  We'd make a plan based on visiting national parks.  It would have to be a very big RV... 


3. Write books. 


4.  Adopt children who need a family.  Currently, I know three families who are in the adoption process and are adopting older children -- not babies.  I have so much admiration and respect for their willingness to open their homes and their hearts.  If you've read the book Radical, David Platt spends a lot of time on the church's responsibility to do just this.


5.  Have liposuction on my ankles.  There you go!  This is my vanity issue.  I know that I can lose all this other weight, but my ankles have always been thick.  I have ankle-envy and am terribly jealous of those of you with skinny, delicate little ankles.  I'm almost bitter about it.  Not really, but I am jealous. 


That's about it.  My "if-I-coulds" change all the time, but these are some that have been on my list for a while.  Today's list might include:  call Merry-Maids and have them give our house a once-over.  Does anyone else feel like all they ever do on Saturday is clean up the mess from the week before?  And then, of course, by bedtime no one can tell that the house was clean 6 hours earlier?  It's a vicious cycle!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images