Late Night

April 15, 2011

"It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday..."

If you do not have a teenager in your house and/or you do not deal with teenagers in your daily job, then you likely have not a clue why this should: 

1.  Crack you up
or
2.  Make you cringe.

Let me just go ahead and englighten you via YouTube if you're in the dark.



I just happened to be up late enough to watch Nightline and they were featuring her as their headliner tonight. It seems this gal's parents paid $4,000 to make her the laughingstock of America. That's not an opinion; check out the comments on YouTube. Sit in a middle school or high school classroom or just ask a teenager who she is. I could really go on a tear here, but I think this boils down to overindulgent parenting. It is not bad business, evidently, because through iTunes sales and YouTube ads, she's made around $200,000 in just months.

I, on the other hand, am not an indulgent parent. Most of the time. But, after school today I splurged a little and let my big girls get some of those nifty feather extensions. They are pretty cute. I sort of rolled my eyes when PJB first told me about them and, of course, that should have sent up a red flag to me that it would only be a matter of time before I had feathers installed on my children's heads. I couldn't get a good picture with my phone, and you know that my camera met with an unfortunate end about a year ago... So, no pics tonight.

Since I'm just not quite ready to head to bed (my man is working in Texas for a few days), I think I'm going to compose a list of non-indulgences I practice. These drive my Parker Jane crazy because she likes indulgence. I am trying my darnedest to teach this child to be temperate, but she fights me every step of the way. Here we go!

1. Mochas, smoothies, frothy drinks in general whether from Starbucks or McDonalds

2. Cosmetics -- I could justify more expense in this area, though.

3. Expensive clothing -- The Duggars have that catchy little motto: "Buy used and save the difference." I'm not that bad, but I love Plato's Closet and Target : )

4. Gadgets

5. Anything advertised in an infomerical -- This is important because PJB has always been a sucker for the infomercial. As a two year old, she had a crush on Billy Mays. Spotting Oxi-Clean on an endcap in WalMart sent her into a tizzy.

Whew, now I'm tired. I think next I'll explore those indulgences I do indulge in. Stay tuned -- should be riveting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images