Old

April 28, 2011

I'm 37. I realize I'm still a few years away from retirement and collecting Social Security, but this week I'm feeling very, very old. Some of this stems from the fact that Parker is turning 14 next month. She will be starting high school this fall and Molly will go to the middle school. (Sadly, Lilah, who is more than ready for kindergarten, will not start this August since the state decided August 1 rather than September 1 should be the cut-off date for incoming kindergarteners!) Jamie and I will be married 18 years in August. I am no longer the "young" wife and mom I was. Realizing this has made me sad; it's also made me very thankful we have Lilah. She'll keep us all young!

In reality, we may have 14 years left with one of our girls living at home fulltime. Parker will graduate in 4 years, Molly in 7. That's not a lot of time in the scheme of things, is it? I've decided (maybe too late) to just really live in each moment. I complain too much. I rush too much. I put too much pressure on all of us.

Life is short, people. Let's live it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images