Hey There, Stranger!

June 12, 2011

I guess it's been a couple of weeks since I've blogged!  The end of the school year is a crazy time and this year was especially crazy because it seemed like it might never end.  Last week, when all my Oklahoma family and friends were already out (and had been out for a couple of weeks), I kept thinking to myself, "Those snow days were great!  We loved playing outside and then eating gorging ourselves on homemade cinnamon rolls.  Yep, they were great.  Loved 'em."  There is power in positive thinking! 

So, what have we been up to?  Well, I'll tell ya -- just maintaining!  Isn't it funny that just maintaining your daily routine is sometimes a chore?  Throw in all the end of the school year activities and it's almost impossible to keep any sense of normalcy to your life.  How about a list with pictures to bring you up to speed?  How about a list with pictures because I'm sort of brain dead and I need visual aids?  OK!

1.  These rather random items on my list will begin in reverse order... I think.  Today we sent PJB off to church camp in Panama City Beach.  This is the farthest she's ever been from us and I have to say I'm a little nervous about it.  I'm sure she'll be fine, but if she needed me -- well, that's a long way away.  That's one of her oldest, closest friends with her in the picture.  I'm praying that these girls have an amazing, life-changing experience this week.  I guess I'll have to be prepapared to go as a chaperone next year since Molly will be old enough to attend.  I promise you that child will not be several states away from me!  (Parker is going to love that!)

2.  Bling-bling iPhone 4 case.  I promised you random!  This would be an example of how I "choose my battles."  I was/am not crazy about this -- I think it's rather tacky.  But, PJB had birthday money and, well, tacky bling is nothing if not for 14 year old girls!



3.  PJB loves LGB <3  This is my first time ever to make one of those little hearts with the less than sign and the 3.  Sweet picture, huh?  I needed to look at this yesterday when little sister was pestering big sister to absolutely no end. 




4.  Car rides are going to be the only way this child will nap for me this summer. 



5.  I had to really search for a picture of Molly!  She's our low-key kid which is really nice, but I sort of worry that she is overlooked being sandwiched between Parker and Lilah.  The girls on the left are some sweet cousins that we go to church with.  I'm so grateful for smiley moments like these! 


There ya go.  There's not much else, but now that school's out and I have (I hope) quiet moments every morning, I shall blog more.  Right now, I've got to turn my full attention to House Hunters International.  They're in Normandy, France tonight and Jamie and I are ready to go right now.  The properties they're looking at have such charm -- an old school house and old convent.  We can dream, right?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images