401 -- 410

December 12, 2011




401.  Beginning band Christmas concerts



402.  Silly little girl who sat very still and listened to big sister play (BIG improvement from her attendance at PJB's beginning band concert!)


403.  Ninth grade student section


404.  Stunting


405.  Friends to cheer with


406.  Half-time rouines


407.  The blessing and good fortune of having had a pretty wonderful childhood

408.  Feeling safe and protected in my own home as a child

409.  A great sermon on Sunday

410.  All five Battles in church together.

I haven't written much, if anything, about the fact that the girls and I attend church without the man.  Gift #410 is especially sweet and an answer to much prayer.  Parker Jane sang and blessed us all with a sweet song, "Living In Me," written from Mary's perspective.  Her voice was a little quivery at first, but once she got over her nerves she was on.  I can't help but think about how, after feeling the way I felt for most of last week, Sunday was just an extra special gift.

Not everything on Friday's list was checked off this weekend, but I'm OK with that.  I don't feel quite as overwhelmed as I did -- maybe because there's an end in sight to this first semester.  I'm so ready!  I can't wait to finish up my shopping this weekend (did you know those television experts are right -- I have found a few really good deals here in the last shopping days -- totally due to the fact that Lilah changed her mind a couple of times).  My mom has a friend who always called Black Friday "Amateur Day" and I'm so seeing her point this year.  Still, I will be much more at ease once everything is finished.  That should put an end to my "It's Christmas morning and we have nothing" dream.  I'm not kidding. 

It's past my bedtime now.  Four more school days in 2011!  Yippee!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images