Happy Valentine's Day

February 14, 2012

We had a snow day here in western Arkansas yesterday.  Lilah was beyond excited when she woke up and realized what had happened.  By 9:00, Molly, Lilah, and I were bundled up and headed out.  Last year Jamie had fashioned a sled from some leftover plastic they use at work, so we drug that out.  It's big and three of us can fit at a time which makes it go very fast.  My limit of trips down and up the driveway is limited to about four, but we had a lot of fun. 

SLICK driveway!  When Jamie left for work at 5:45, it wasn't bad at all.  By 9:00, it was read for sledding!

Sledders!


The climb back up is tough...

Our little wet weather creek was trickling along.


Home, sweet snowy home
The remainder of the day was spent eating.  Not entirely, but I'm still full this morning.  I had to get sugar cookies ready for Lilah's Valentine party today.  I have a wonderful soft sugar cookie recipe that was given to me as a gift by someone who doesn't ever share it.  I love having an excuse to make them!  We ended up with pink circles because I could not find my heart shaped cookie cutter anywhere. 



My sweet and generous friend, Teresa, gave me a huge amount of pecans on Sunday, so naturally I had to bake these yummy things... 



This is a recipe I found in the old Junior League of Baton Rogue cookbook -- River Road Recipes II.  Jamie loves them (me, too).  They're easy, but they're very fragile.  They're also gone.



Look what I found about four hours after I needed it.  Isn't that the way it usually goes?  Oh, well.  We'll have it next year.

Remember that in Friday's post I said we were facing another giant?  Giant slayed!  Jamie had been miserable in the job he took last August.  To make a long story short, he's back at his old employer and enjoying every minute of it.  He says it feels like home.  I'm so glad it has worked out that he was needed again and I pray that it works out as well as we hope it will -- maybe even better!  I had literally posted that, talked to my man on the phone about dinner, and ten minutes later he was calling back with the good news.  Thank you, Father.

We wound down our snowy day with breakfast for dinner, a little TV, and then, as I was reading more of The Banks of Plum Creek to Lilah, my sister called.  Turns out she'd sent me a text and I hadn't responded quickly enough for her.  Here's what it said:


Can you read the small print?  "Arriving October 2012" !!!!  I'm so excited!  It's going to be awesome to have a new baby in the family that I didn't carry and birth!  I'm beyond thrilled.  My heart is just flip-flopping with excitement.  Lilah is disappointed that the baby won't be here for a while -- "You mean til after I'm 6???" 

Hope your Valentine's Day is lovey-dovey!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images