What's Been Up...

April 16, 2012

I'm finding that I have less and less time to sit down and have a few moments to write a post.  The past couple of weeks have been hectic and I hope (fingers crossed!) that our "normal" returns soon.  Jamie worked 75ish hours last week, but that big job is finished and I hope there's a bit of a reprieve before the next one comes in.  I appreciate that he is so willing to work hard for our family.  I also appreciate the past two nights of really good sleep we've both had as we've been in bed by 10:00.  Good sleep is just one of my favorite things!

The girls and I just continue on with our plans while Dad works.  Friday night Molly went to her first middle school dance.  After picking her up, Parker and I asked her if she danced.  "No.  Well, I did the Cupid Shuffle."  Yay, Molly!  Baby steps, baby steps.  The picture is a bit blurry, but here she is looking really sweet in her outfit.  I was super glad we avoided a meltdown because her cross pocket Miss Me jeans, which she planned on wearing, were not completely dry (my fault!).  Whew.  So glad she was flexible! 


Photo

Saturday morning, Lilah and I got up and got it together and met Mom in Fort Smith to see the dinosaur exhibit.  It took Sas a few minutes to decide she was going to like it, but she came around.  It was pretty neat and my mom especially loved it.  She's taught second grade for 40 years and, for most of that time, she taught a big unit on dinosaurs. 

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Funny story here -- this reporter from the Democrat-Gazette asked if he could take Lilah's picture.  "Sure!"  He got our names, etc. and we just knew she'd be in yesterday's paper.  Nope.  Some little girl who had stuck her arm in a dino's mouth made the paper.  Lilah was kind of disappointed and asked me a few times to "Show me that girl in the paper."  So close to fame, so close!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Parker was asked to sing with the praise team at church on Sunday.  She was nervous, but she did a great job.  I don't have any idea whether or not she knew I was taking this picture of her, but she kept her composure and didn't let on if she did.

Photo

And, now we're back to Monday.  There are five and a half weeks left in this school year!  I'm so ready to embrace summer.  Yippee!!!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images