Monthly Update ... Again!

October 20, 2013

I know that if you know me you know that I'm pretty busy these days.  I think I am anyway.  There is not shortage of things I need to do, but I'm probably not organizing my time as well as I could be.  That's typical.  I just keep trying to remind myself that I chose most of this, so I can just suck it up and deal.  I've been a little cranky lately -- like, for real.  It's hard to believe we've finished the first nine weeks of this school year.  It's like we started and we have gone full throttle ever since.  Thanksgiving is not just around the corner!  I'm super excited for the holidays for some reason this year - more than usual, earlier than usual. So, to recap the past month -- an iPhone dump!

We've enjoyed football games -- AHS and Little League.  Lilah has cheered for the Chiefs this year and she's really had a good time. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Parker got her class ring in September.  It's almost unbelievable that she is a junior.  This year is going so well, and we are very proud of her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We've spent time visiting my dad.  He has left rehab and is back in the hospital, but we are hopeful that sometime next week he'll move to another skilled nursing facility closer to home. That will be so much easier for my mom!
 
Cora Deen turned 1!  Anna put together a perfect party -- she's got a knack for making things pretty :) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Is she not the cutest thing?  We love her so much!
 
Jamie and I went to see Chevelle in concert.  They're Jamie's favorite band these days, and he was stoked that they were making an appearance in Tulsa.  We met some old friends up there and took a friend along with us.  I enjoyed the show so much more than I had thought I would.  Chevelle may just have a new fan :)
 
 
 
 
 
That probably sums most of the last four weeks up.  This morning was just what I needed -- we're starting a new study (Chase by Jennie Allen) in Sunday School and our worship service was a really special time.  Testimony was shared (God is so good), and the truth was preached.  Since starting grad school last year I have, sadly, used that busyness as an excuse to distance myself from my time spent at church.   I also have been going through, I don't even know what I'd call it, a season of what boils down to self-sufficiency.  I was reminded this morning that I live under grace -- grace I didn't earn.  And, through the testimony of our youth pastor and his wife, I was reminded that He wants to bless us.  I know I've heard a good message when I'm still thinking about after church!
 
I hope October finds you all well.  I'm sure that I'll be posting again around Thanksgiving!
 

 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images