Skippin' Out

May 13, 2010

That's exactly what I did today.  I skipped school.  Here's why...




And this is why...



And also this...


I must be really comfortable with this blog thing to be able to share such disturbing pictures with you.  Seriously, I took a personal day today because I was going to go insane if I came home one more afternoon to a house that looked like this.  The promise of insanity wasn't what actually sealed the deal, though.  Last night after his shower, Jamie hollered, "Underwear?!?"  And, sadly, the response I had to give him was, "Look on the kitchen table."  Pitiful.  Staying home today was actually his suggestion and, since he says I never listen to him, I thought this would be a good time to show him I do.  : )

I do feel much better!  Our bedroom is clean and organized for the first time in months.  Isn't it funny how the family just gravitates to the master bedroom, or are we the only ones that happens to? 

Since we're playing True Confessions here, let me confess one other crime I've committed this week.  This may take a sec; just stay with me.  Last summer at VBS, an older lady in our church (who I don't know very well) made the most AMAZING oatmeal-pecan cookies for the kids' snack one day.  I sort of asked around for the recipe, but no one seemed to be real concerned about my getting it.  I suppose I could have gone straight to the source but, in all honesty, I'm not entirely sure I know exactly which older lady she is.  Anyway, last night before church started, I had walked back to the women's ministry table and there were church cookbooks (I think they must be a few years old?) for sale -- $10.  Well, I just started flipping through one and then the thought occurred to me that THE cookie recipe might be in there.  IT WAS!  I didn't have any cash and I don't carry paper checks and there was no ATM around and I didn't really want the entire cookbook anyway, sooooo...and I wish I could upload this picture to my blog......I took a picture of the recipe with my phone.  Is that completely awful or what?  The guilt alone is enough to make me buy the darn cookbook!  Especially when you see this.


Oh, sweet cookie goodness, these are DIVINE!  I can't even begin to tell you how many I've eaten today.  I would imagine the number of cookies eaten correlates to the number of times the cookie jar has been in my direct path which is really unmeasurable considering its central location. 

Now it's your turn.  Bare your soul to my blog...what horrible, horrible things have you done this week?  Let's get interactive here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images