The 99

June 13, 2010

This floated around the blogosphere quite a while ago, but I'm a little late to the game, so...  I think it's fun!  You should do it, too!  (Bold and explain the things that apply to you.)



1. Started your own blog 
Duh.
2. Slept under the stars
Lots as a kiddo -- may need to that one night this summer with mine : )
3. Played in a band 
In middle school!
4. Visited Hawaii 

5. Watched a meteor shower 
How about seen a meteor?
6. Given more than you can afford to charity 
Yes
7. Been to Disneyland/World 


DisneyWorld the summer before 7th grade.  We need to take the girls...
8. Climbed a mountain 
9. Held a praying mantis 
Yes and they are so cool.  I could watch one forever!
10. Sang a solo 
Yes.  I sang in church when I was young and I had some school solos and I was in a performing troupe in 7th grade and had a solo in our play.  Why can't I sing now?
11. Bungee jumped 
12. Visited Paris 


13. Watched a lightning storm
Yes, love 'em!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch 

15. Adopted a child 
16. Had food poisoning 

Yes and it was worse than labor.  Thank you raw Chicken Club Toaster from Sonic.  Ended up in the ER.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty 
18. Grown your own vegetables

Ha!  I harvested exactly 2 cucumbers and one very small tomato last summer!

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France 


20. Slept on an overnight train 


21. Had a pillow fight 

Of course!  Slumber parties as a kid and, well, consider who I married.
22. Hitch hiked 
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill


For my kids when they are...otherwise, I take a personal day
24. Built a snow fort 


Maybe once...
25. Held a lamb 

Not sure...I know I sat on a big sheep once
26. Gone skinny dipping 
:-)
27. Run a Marathon 
Ran to the end of our road and back...1.25 miles!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice 
I'm starting to feel badly about my lack of world travel...
29. Seen a total eclipse
I think there was one we attempted to see when I was in elementary school...
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset 


Lots of times!  Love them both.
31. Hit a home run 


32. Been on a cruise 

Nope and have no desire to.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person 
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors 
35. Seen an Amish community 
36. Taught yourself a new language 
Not on my own...2 year of high school Spanish and 16 hours of college Spanish
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied 
Only b/c I've learned to be
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing 
Not exactly rock climbing, but we like to hike a little
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David 
41. Sung karaoke 
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt 
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant 
44. Visited Africa 
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight 
If you count the "beach" swim area at Kerr Lake ; )
46. Been transported in an ambulance 
47. Had your portrait painted 
Well, no.  But, my sister and I did have a pencil portrait done for our parents from photographs a few Christmases ago. 
48. Gone deep sea fishing 
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person 
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris 
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling 
52. Kissed in the rain 
Oh yeah!
53. Played in the mud 
Love mud! 
54. Gone to a drive-in theater 
No, but there's one in Poteau and every summer I say we're taking the kids...
55. Been in a movie 
56. Visited the Great Wall of China 
57. Started a business 
58. Taken a martial arts class 
59. Visited Russia 
60. Served at a soup kitchen 
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies 
As a GS myself and as a parent of one.  I'd rather just order!
63. Got flowers for no reason 
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma 
65. Gone sky diving 
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp 
67. Bounced a check
Not on purpose... I really wanted to lie.
68. Flown in a helicopter 
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
My first teddy bear is in my armoire : )
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar 
It was the good stuff and it wasn't too bad.
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job 
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London 
77. Broken a bone 
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle 
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person 
I was itty bitty...don't remember it : (
80. Published a book 
Would LOVE to!
81. Visited the Vatican 
82. Bought a brand new car
We have only purchased one brand new vehicle -- a truck for Jamie when we were pretty newly married. 
83. Walked in Jerusalem 
84. Had your picture in the newspaper 
85. Read the entire Bible
Not every, single word.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating 
My husband, dad, grandpa have many times...me personally, no.
88. Had chickenpox
3rd grade.   
89. Saved someone’s life 
90. Sat on a jury 
91. Met someone famous
Well, I met John Schneider (Bo Duke) when I was in 7th grade!  One of my high school classmates is an up and coming Hollywood director, so can we count him?
92. Joined a book club 
93. Lost a loved one 
94. Had a baby 
Three lovely little girls!
95. Seen the Alamo in person 
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake 
97. Been involved in a law suit 
98. Owned a cell phone 
99. Been stung by a bee
Sat on one in a short dress...it got the inside of my thigh.  Did I mention I was driving?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images