Well, It's Wednesday!

June 16, 2010

I haven't been keeping up with my goal of blogging 2-3 times a week!  Life just sort of gets in the way.  It's Wednesday.  In the summer I frequently have to really think about what day of the week it is.  Time just sort of loses its boundaries for me.  I love it!  


Monday we hung around the house.  Not a lot happened...  I finished The Girl Who Played With Fire (sequel to Dragon Tattoo) and it was OK -- I like the first book better.  Now I have to read the third (and final) book because this ending was the worst sort of cliffhanger ever.  It just ended.  Just like that.  Ended.  I'm taking a hiatus right now, though, and reading The Help which is just so well written that I can't believe it's Stockett's first novel.  I am in love with the characters.  In case any of you are thinking about picking up Tattoo, let me tell you it is rather graphic even though the story is great.  I'll leave it at that.  Just be warned...  Monday night when I was finishing Fire I had myself so worked up that I was actually scared.  I'm never scared at home without Jamie here, but Monday night I heard every creak this house made.  Whew.


Tuesday morning was divine!  For the first time EVER, my children are sleeping in in the mornings!!!  I had to wake my girls up at 10:00.  I might have let them continue to sleep, but we had an invitation to swim at our friends' house down the road.  We swam early, came home to shower and change, then headed to Little Rock to meet Molly's new urologist.  The wait was long (2.5 hours before we saw him), but it was all good once we met him.  Turns out we have a friend in common which is always a good thing.  We are looking at doing the Mace procedure in February.  You can Google it if you need more info, but essentially Molly will have a stoma in her bellybutton which will attach to her appendix...something...something...and allow her to basically flush an enema through her large intestine every couple of days to completely empty her bowels and prevent constipation.  I believe this is going to be a great step toward independence for Molly.  Poop has always been a problem for her and this will give her control that she hasn't had before.  I had hoped we'd do it this summer, but his schedule is so full that it's going to be Februaryish.


Today is Wednesday...  Have I said that?  This has sort of been a run errands, yet accomplish nothing day if you know what I mean.  We have narrowed down our truck search and I hope we have it parked in our driveway tomorrow night.  Parker had a little "date" with her boyfriend today.  It was really very sweet -- she put on a sundress and cardigan and just looked so cute.  They went to see the A-Team after lunching with his mom, grandmother, and aunt.  I know some people might not feel comfortable with this, but I absolutely have no problem with her going out for the day with him and his family.  I do feel a little weird when I say, "Her boyfriend will be a freshman."  Oh, my.  How did we get this grown up?  PJB will be an 8th grader, so that's one year's difference.  We'll see if their romance survives his first year of high school!


This afternoon we had one of those pop-up thunderstorms that I love.  For about 20 minutes it rained good and hard, then the sun came out.  I'm thinking I'll head outside and work while the ground is soft.  I still haven't dug up all my rocks, nor have I finished the edging on this side of the retaining wall.  I did buy some lilies and some coleus at WalMart today because they are marking lots of their plants 50% off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm going back tomorrow :-)


So, here you have it.  My life is beyond exciting!  The highlight of today, in addition to the half-price plants, was finding Lender's plain bagels at our WalMart.  It's hit or miss with those...mostly miss.  I had one with strawberry jam for dinner.  I made homemade chicken dumplings for everyone else, but the bagels just begged to be opened up and enjoyed.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images