Summer Thus Far

June 09, 2010

I love lists.  I don't make lists nearly as much as I used to.  As a kid, I made a list for every event:  what to pack for church or cheer camp, what outfits to wear the first week back to school, potential gift ideas (for myself), and names of my future children.  Gabriella Corrine was the top girl's pick for at least a year.  I'm quite glad I got over that one -- it's just too much.  When I'm organized, I make grocery lists.  More often than not I end up at the store without my list which is never good.  In fact, last week my dear husband expressed to me (in aggravation) that I need to do better at planning and cut my WalMart trips waaayyyy down.  : ) And, actually purchase things we need.  : )  In an effort to organize myself (and re-cap a little), here's  list of Summer 2010 Thus Far.

1.  The first two days were laaaazzzzy days!  No one had to wake up early since Jamie isn't going in to the shop until 4:00.  I slept til 8:45 (or a little later) each day.  That would have been unheard of a year ago, but Lilah has been tired, too. 

2.  I've finished one book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and started its sequel, The Girl Who Played With Fire.  It took me a while to get into the first one -- it's translated from Swedish and the names are kind of difficult.  It's also rather dark in spots.  It's a grown-up book; I wouldn't put it on my shelf at school.  Overall, though, it's a good read if you want some mystery or suspense.

3.  VBS was this week at church.  I really think VBS (Lifeway's themes in particular) is something Southern Baptists do very well.  I've thoroughly enjoyed having the preschoolers (Lilah's class) and I think my girls have had a good time as well.  Tonight we reviewed all of our lessons from the week and these little 3 and 4 year old girls knew all the answers! 

4.  I need to make dentist and optometrist appointments for all.  I realize most people made them in the spring in order to have summer appointments.  I did not.  I'm thinking we will move from a pediatric dentist to a family dentist this summer.  I sort of have the feeling I'm paying for things we don't really need...

5.  I need to email my assistant principal and schedule a time to take a former student in to visit with him about Opportunity School next year and making up credits in order to graduate on time.  She sent me a text a couple of days ago and I've not made the appointment yet.  I must do that tomorrow.

6.  The PILES of yard sale items in my dining area is immense and needs pricing tomorrow!  I'm taking everything to Mom and Dad's Friday evening and nothing is really ready at this point.  It's going to be marked CHEAP CHEAP because I do not want to bring it back here.  If someone has little girls, this might be the place to be Saturday morning.

7.  Truck shopping with Jamie -- he's very picky this time around.  We are buying "pre-owned" because that just makes more sense and because we only plan to finance for 36 months.  Wish us luck.  Maybe send up a prayer tomorrow afternoon.  I know that Chevy S-10 with the ZR2 package (which makes it not like an S-10 at all) is out there (in our area) somewhere.  Jamie found a great deal -- in Minnesota.  It would almost be worth the plane ticket up there if we just knew for sure that's what he'd bring home.

8.  Celebration!  Lilah slept all night in her own bed last night.  She was SO EXCITED when she ran into the living room this morning (at 9:15!).  Then, she asked for a dollar : /


9.  I need to pray (and would appreciate your prayers) about a situation that I'm unclear about the appropriate direction to take.  It would involve (on some level) a confrontation (and I do not like confrontation) with someone.  I don't even know that I'd call it a confrontation, but I'm pretty sure that's how this other person would interpret it.  It's sticky.  On one hand, it affects my child.  On the other hand, I'm going to be "the person who complained."  Or, I'm going to be "the other person who complained" because this issue is not new.  Matthew 18:15 keeps popping into my head:

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. 
If he listens to you, you have won your brother over."
 
Ugh.  I really don't want to have this conversation, but it's one of those things that, if not resolved, is going to fester.  I probably should have nipped this in the bud 6 weeks ago...
10.  I'd really like to have an even number, here.  #10 should be planning a weekend away with my man.  I really, really, really need some grown-up time.  

I hope all 4 of my readers are having a great summer!  One of my summer goals is to write/blog more -- at least 2-3 times a week.  It's good for the soul!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images