Blue Hole

June 20, 2011

Chances are, if you live in a rural area in the South, you know how to get to a few good swimmin' holes.  There are several creeks we've frequented through the years, but Blue Hole is our favorite.

Going to a swimmin' hole on the weekend or a holiday is generally a bad idea.  Going on a Monday afternoon is a much better idea!  We had the place to ourselves -- except for the two couples who were camping (separately) and the car full of teenagers who must have decided this was family-friendly day at the creek and left after about 20 minutes. 

My sister took the day off from work and brough her Boston, Ruby.  Ruby is a funny dog who barks at cows and bales of hay.  One of the couples that was camping had a pit bull which made me nervous for about two seconds and resulted in me giving away half of a sandwich because I didn't want to take any chances with that seemingly friendly dog.

We brought our noodles and air matress and an ice chest full of sandwiches, apples, water, and Capri Sun.  My mom came with us and had a great time, too.

The water is always clear, but today it was the clearest I've ever seen it.  We tried our hands at catching some little perch -- literally.  We didn't catch anything, but we did learn that fish like Doritos.

I wish we had a four-wheeler. 

Sassy pants had a great time until it was time to go home.  We had a battle of the wills right there at the end, but she came around.

This was girls-only because my man is in North Carolina this week for some training.  He is in love with a new gal named Charlotte and may leave me for her.  Actually, he wants us all to go.  I'm so glad he was able to get away for a few days even if it is work-related. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images