Scenes From a Weekend

January 29, 2012

This weekend has flown by, just like always.  The weather is gorgeous this afternoon, yet here I sit inside.  I attempted a nap but was interrupted repeatedly, so I just gave up.  I'm devoting the rest of the afternoon to the constant problem that is our laundry.  My dryer has officially quit.  I am line drying (without a line) until next weekend when we can drive to Bentonville and pick up an extra dryer that my very gracious sister and her husband have had in storage.  Whew.  I'm thankful for that!  Purchasing new is just not in the budget at this time.

Yesterday we celebrated Molly's birthday with a couple of her friends and our family.  I've mentioned that Molly is my quiet child.  Yesterday was no exception.  She and her friends were very quiet and, to be honest, it felt a little strange.  This was a party, after all!  I guess the important thing is that Molly had a party she enjoyed and she truly did. 




Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo


Photo



You might also notice that Lilah is sporting a new do.  She is sassier than ever with her short bob.  I absolutely love it and it's amazing how much thicker her hair appears to be.  Hopefully it will grow out better now. 


Photo



I found myself back on Facebook for a while after the party.  Parker and I had taken a picture earlier in the day that she thought would be fun to post.  Well, you can see for yourself that the side of my face has a very funky sort of creased look going on.  I was not too happy about it.





So, I made her take another one that I looked prettier in...





Sadly, I'm just not very photogenic.  I hope I look better in person! 


Parker was a good big sister and fixed Molly's hair for her yesterday.




 Isn't this cool?  She took out the big hair elastic and replaced it with a clear one.  It was super cute and Molly was very proud of her braid.  I was very proud of PJB taking time away from her iPhone to play with her sis.

Church was great this morning.  I have so many thoughts about ways I see God working right now and ways I fall short and prayers that I have.  I'll write more about that later when I'm focused on that and not just tack it on to the end of a post like this. 

I hope your Sunday evening is relaxing and that you are ready for the week ahead!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images