Long Time, No Blog

October 14, 2012

The last time you heard from me, I was still giddy with my "aunt" status.  Well, there a few rough days after that for my sister, but she is home and doing well now.  I spent Monday with her and my sweet niece and I'm so excited for this coming Saturday evening when they'll stop by our house on their way to my parents'.  This will be the first time the girls will be able to hold her and see her up close.  Because of the high blood pressure, Anna was at a high risk of having a seizure.  I did not want the onslaught of the Battles' girls to be responsible for sending her over the edge in any way, so we've stayed clear and let her try to get back to her normal self somewhat before we fight over who gets to hold her child and how long so and so had her and that sort of thing.  While Anna was showering Monday morning, I tried to to snap a few over-the-shoulder shots of Cora and myself.  She smelled really good!

Photo
 
 
Photo
 
 
I'm a little worried about myself.  Yesterday I visited with someone at Lilah's fall festival at school and I knew I knew this person, but it literally took me over an hour to figure out how.  And, I saw this person EVERY day for a period of several months. I've also been incredibly forgetful lately.  I'm going to chalk it all up to stress.  This school year is killing me.  I have no idea what I was thinking when I decided I could be gone two nights a week for classes.  Never again.  It may take me five years to work through this program.  And, I'm second-guessing this whole thing.  Is this really the program I want?  I'll tell you something:  I miss books!  Novels!  I'm so tired of academic reading right now. My to-read list is growing and I'm so ready for Christmas break so I can just bake, read, and eat.  All day.  Every day.  I might throw in a nap here and there. 
 
Really, though, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing.  I don't know that I want to be in the classroom forever.  I really enjoy curriculum development and I love the idea of someday, somewhere being able to contribute to EFFECTIVE professional development that will help teachers move forward with 21st century teaching and learning, but deep down, I'm an English person.  I love books.  I would like to write more -- really write.  Jamie read some things I'd jotted down several months ago and he told me I should write.  So, why don't I?  My husband doesn't suggest things I ought to do very often (exception:  bake/make something sweet to eat); maybe I should listen.  OK.  Sorry about the rambling.
 
I'm just going to click thorugh some recent pictures and wrap this up with those. 
 
Photo
 
Lilah's American Girl, Allison, has her Halloween costume, but Lilah does not.  Our sweet friend at church, Anne, had talked to Lilah one day when she had Allison at church with her and they came to some sort of deal about Anne finding a witch costume for her when she went to Fin and Feather this fall.  This is what she came back with and now I begin the hunt for a similar one for LGB.  You can't really see her little mask in the picture, but it is tiny and adorable : ) 
 
Photo
 
Photo
 
Photo
Photo
 
Kindergarten makes a a girl tired.  Any time we have to run an errand or wait on a train after school, Lilah falls asleep.  I realize she isn't wearing a seatbelt in these pictures.  I thought we were past needing to remind her about this, but obviously not. 
 
Photo
 
Lucky Molly got to help work at the Fall Festival as a service project for BETA club.  She did fine as long as there weren't too many kids wanting to jump, but when it got crowded nobody listened to her!  She did a good job, though.
 
 I suppose that about does it for a quick update.  I need to really make some time to sit down and blog about some things other than the "status of the Battles." 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Seriously those pics of Lilah are funny. Poor girl! She looks like I feel.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images